- urad dal - 1 Cup
- idli rava - 2 Cup
- Salt as per required
- Rinse and soak the above ingredients in water for about 6 hours.Then grind urad dal split in a blender
- Add idli rave by squeezing out water. add salt and keep it aside for 12 hours.
- Take idli plates and place a drop of oil in each idli mould and spread it over the entire mould.
- Heat 2 cups of water in a large vessel or pressure cooker and place the filled idli plates and cover with lid. Heat in high for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the plates from the vessel and remove the idlis.
Serve hot with Sambar or Groundnut Chutney