Masala Puri Recipe
- Wheat flour - 2 cups
- Red chili powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - ½ tsp
- Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Water as per required
- Take whole wheat flour (atta) in a bowl. Add salt, red chili powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder and Mix well.
- Add oil and mix till incorporated well using your fingertips.
- Now start adding little water at a time and keep kneading the dough.Keep kneading till you get smooth and tight dough (not soft like roti dough).keep it aside for 20 minutes
- After resting time knead the dough once again. Divide the mixture in 24-25 equal portions, Make smooth ball and then flatten it out between your palm.Work with one flatten disc at a time.
- Roll into 2-3 inch diameter circle. It should not be too thin or too thick. Never use any dry flour while rolling as a dusting. Otherwise flour will burn while frying and then that burnt black flour particle will stick to the next poori.
- Roll few pooris and keep them in a plate, also keep them covered with kitchen napkin. poori should be rolled at even thickness. If it is thin from one side and at some part it is thick then it will not puff up while frying.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat. Once hot slice one poori into hot oil.
- By very gentle pressing using back of slotted spatula fry them. It will help poori to puff up.
- As it is puffed up and bottom side is light brown meaning no more bubbles in the oil. Then flip it.
- Fry the other side until it is light golden brown in color. Do not fry for long time otherwise it will get crispy and hard with dark brown in color. we don’t want that.
- Remove it from the oil using slotted spoon.
- Serve hot with pickle or chutney.