- Oats -2 cups
- Curd -1/2 litre
- Mustard seeds -1 tbsp
- Urad dal -1 tbsp
- Channa dal -1/2 tbsp
- Green chillies - 2
- Carrots -1 cup
- Turmeric powder -1/2 Tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Coriander -few springs
- In a pan, dry roasted oats until it becomes light brown, then the powder oats in a blender.
- In a pan, add oil, mustard seeds, urad dal, channa dal and allow to splutter mustard and dals to brown.
- To this, add the chopped green chillies , coriander and grated carrots.
- Add turmeric powder and fry for a minute.
- Add this seasoning (tadka) mixture of oat powder and add it to the curd to make a paste like consistency of idli paste.
- You can add as curd to the mixture to obtain the consistency, but do not add water to the dough.
- Grease the steam idli plates with oil and pour the batter into each steam zone.
- Steam the idlis for 15 minutes.
Serve hot with Chutney or sambar