- Moong dal -1/2 cup
- Rice -1 cup
- Milk -1/2 cup
- Black pepper-1 tsp
- Cumin seeds -1 1/2 tsp
- Cashew nuts -2 tbsp
- Ginger -1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Curry leaves -few
- Heat a pan, add the moong dal and dry roast on a medium flame till the raw smell disappears, while stirring continuously. Keep aside.
- Clean and wash the rice, drain and add the, milk and 3 cups of water, mix well and pressure cook for 5 to 6 whistles or till the rice and dal become soft. Keep aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp of ghee in a pan, add the peppercorns, cumin seeds, cashew nuts and ginger, mix well and saute on a medium flame for a few seconds, while stirring continuously.
- Add the cooked rice and dal mixture, salt and curry leaves, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 5 to 7 minutes, while stirring continuously