For Potato Masala:
- Potatoes- 3 to 4 medium size
- Carrot finely chopped 23 tbsp (optional)
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds- 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves- 7
- Chana dal- 1 tbsp
- Onions(sliced)- 1 medium size
- Green Chillies(Chopped)-3
- Coriander leaves(Chopped)- 2 tbsp
- asafoetida -a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Boil the potatoes, peel and cut into cubes.
- Soak the Chana dal in hot water for Half an hour and Drain and keep aside.
- Heat oil and Add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds and let it crackle.
- Add drained Chana dal and fry for 30 seconds. After that Add onions and curry leaves.Saute onions for 1 minute until they become translucent.
- Add green chilies, carrot, turmeric powder and asafoetida. Mix well.
- Add the boiled potatoes(Chopped) , salt and Mix well.Stir gently and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add chopped coriander leaves. mix well and turn off the heat.
- Fermented dosa batter- 4 Cups
- Water- 1 Cup (add more if needed)
- Oil- as required
- Add enough water to the fermented batter until you have a smooth pouring consistency.
- Make sure the batter is too runny nor too thick either.
- Heat tawa and grease with oil. Pour about 1/2 cup batter on the center of the tawa.spread the batter to form a circle on the tawa.
- Pour about 1 tsp of the oil on the edges of the dosa and add several drops on top.
- The dosa will start to come off the edges in about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Gently lift the dosa and turn it with a spatula on the other side.
- Cook the other side for 30 to 40 seconds and add potato masala into the center of the dosa.
- Cover with both sides as a roll and let it cook for dosa 20 seconds.
Tip: While Before pouring the dosa batter, dip a piece of onion in oil and rub all over the tawa or griddle.If You using a non stick pan then as soon as one dosa is done, reduce the flame.Spread the dosa batter on the pan. now increase the flame and let the dosa cook.