- Carrots - 2 (puree)
- Idli batter -3 cups
- Onion - 2 (chopped)
- Green chilli - 2 (chopped)
- Mustard seeds-1 ½ tsp
- Urad dal - 1tsp
- Chana dal- 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves -few
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl take the idli batter and add the carrot puree, chopped onions and chopped green chilly and mix well.
- Take some oil in a pan, once the oil is hot add mustard seeds,urad dal and chana dal into it. Add few curry leaves to it and cook on low heat.
- After dals are cooked,remove from the heat and add the tempering into the idli batter and mix well. Add salt and mix again.
- Pour into idli streamer and steam for 15 to 20 minutes.Allow the steamed idlis to rest for a few minutes and remove them from the moulds.
- Serve the Carrot Idlis along with Sambar and Tomato Onion Chutney.