- Dosa batter -3 cups
- Onion - 1(finely chopped)
- Tomato -1(finely chopped)
- Carrot grated - 3 tbsp
- Capsicum finely chopped -2 tbsp
- Green chilies - 3(finely chopped)
- Coriander leaves.
- Grease your tawa with a little oil and rub it with half an onion. This is done to prevent the uthappam from sticking to the tawa.
- Heat a Non stick tawa or an iron skillet, take a ladle of batter and spread it on the tawa in a circle. Uthappam should be thick as seen in the picture below.
- Drizzle a tsp of oil around the uthappam .Small holes will appear on the top as it gets cooked.
- Sprinkle the finely chopped vegetables evenly on the top .
- After the base is cooked (golden brown in colour) flip it over to the other side .
- Now drizzle a little oil around the uthappam .Let the other side also get cooked.
- Serve it hot with chutney or sambar.